Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Training Routine Update

I'm working in the office 5 days a week now, so that's opened up a 5th training morning for me. Bearing in mind I goofed up my shoulder yesterday morning doing something stupid, and as such am laying low this week with low weights / volume, let's continue. The main theme is I've added deadlifts, and separated back and chest to different days.

I try to get abs in every day, a little bit. I do 10-20 minutes in the sauna post-workout as well.

Day 1 Legs

High Bar Back Squat - work up to a 1RM, as many sets as possible
Leg Extension - 10 sets of 6 - squeeze at the top for 5 seconds on as many reps as possible. Alternately, squeeze at the end of each set for longer. Toes pointed in to hit the outer quad.
Leg Curl - 10 sets of 6 - squeeze as above
Calf Raise - 5 sets of AMRAP
Fill in time with reverse hypers, abductors, or glute-ham raise
Weighted ab machine or planks

Day 2 Shoulders

Barbell Press (standing) - work up to 1RM, as many sets as possible
Machine Press - either hammer strength or cables
Shoulder Arm Complex - Lateral raise, bicep curl, tricep extension done in supersets with no rest, until time expires. Blast the shit out of your arms here.
I skipped the extensions in favor of rope pushdowns since my shoulder is fucked. Presses were done with very light weight as well as the raises.

Day 3 Back (and deadlift)

Deadlift - work up to 1RM, as many sets as you want but don't burn out
Barbell Row - Overhand or underhand, user's choice
Dumbbell Row - 1 arm, do as high a weight as you can. Use straps if needed (I do since my tendons are fucked)
Lat Pulldown (or pull-ups) - Because of my grip I don't do a lot of pull-ups. With pulldowns I start around 100 lbs and work up from there. Sets of 8 to 20
Seated Row - Same as pulldowns, a little more weight

Day 4 Chest
Flat Bench - work up to max
Decline Bench - 6-10 sets, nominal weight
Dips - 6 sets of 8-10 unweighted
Incline Hammer Press - 6-10 sets, nominal weight
Dip Machine - 6 sets of 8-10, heavy as you can
Push-ups - 5 sets to failure
Planks - naturally fall into this from push-ups

Day 5 Legs and whatever the fuck else
Squat - Maybe front squats, maybe low bar, maybe paused with light weight, or from pins with heavy
Leg Press - as many sets of as many reps with as much weight as you can handle. Be safe bros.
Leg Extension - moar quadz
Shrugs - heavy as you can, multiple sets
Moar calves - because why not?
Sometimes I'll throw in another of my arm complexes here if feeling it
Abs

So there you have it. This is roughly what I'm doing in the gym all week pretty much every week.

Not only is my shoulder causing me to go light, I'm also fasting since this past Friday, April 6. I honestly don't feel much weaker if at all, but the shoulder puts a cap on everything, so let's just go light eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment